Welcome to South Bay Camera Club! We are a well-established, active club of photographers spanning all ages and skill levels. We offer a fun mix of opportunities, ways to participate and learn the Art of Photography.
Our meetings are held on the second and fourth Mondays of every month except the months of December and June (no second meeting those months). Meetings begin at 7:00 p.m. and conclude by 9:00 p.m.
We meet at the:
Torrance Municipal Airport (Zamperini Field)
3301 Airport Drive
Torrance, CA 90505.
Members and guests are invited to arrive early to socialize and help setup before the meeting begins.
Next Club Meeting:
February 24, 2020
General Meeting – Program by Ken Pagliaro
Ken Pagliaro, a professional photographer who specializes in commercial and sports photography, will come tell about how to take great action shots. You can see examples of his work on his website – http://kenpagliaro.com
2020 Scavenger Hunt
South Bay Camera Club
by: Robin Young
Find all the subjects and make a pleasing/creative picture of each.
The winner receives recognition in the SBCC Newsletter and a small brass plate to
adhere to a South Bay Camera Club wooden trophy plaque.
- Murder of Crows
- Duct Tape Use
- Selfie (not judged)
- Only SBCC members may participate.
- Photos must be taken between June 2019 and April 2020.
- Open editing.
- Originals may be digital, film or slides – converted to digital files.
- All entries must be sized to 1020 pixels on the longest side.
- All entries must be labeled: number_ title_yourname.jpg (Example: 6_Fake_robinyoung.jpg).
- Submit on a CD, Thumb Drive, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org (subject: Scavenger Hunt)
- All entries must be submitted to Robin Young by the April 27, 2020 meeting.
- No Late entries will be accepted.
- Presentation will be at the SBCC meeting on May 11, 2020.
S.H. Judging Criteria:
1-5 points for each photo based on the following:
- Technical quality (Composition, Focus, Clean)
- Play on words or Cleverness
- Originality / Creativity
The judge(s) may discuss the reasoning for the points given.
The judge(s) may not speak to the photographer until after all the entries are judged and the photographer is revealed.
Remember – This is a fun contest – practice your photography skills!
Make Interesting Pictures!!
Only Members may enter the evaluations. Guests are welcome to all meetings, so please come view our outstanding photographs.
Membership is only $50 per year. Membership includes two meetings per month, (except Dec. and June), digital and print evaluations many months, field trips, and two annual banquets (banquet costs not included). Join us soon!
To view the membership application form click HERE.